Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunday Summary

Life
It's  been cold this week! The temperature plummeted and I've been swathed in my thickest pullover and a fleecy blanket trying to keep warm while typing. Yesterday we went to the theatre in the afternoon and came out to a world made white by falling snow. Consequently the road past our house has been quiet today as most people have hunkered down and stayed home.

The roads didn't seem too bad so we went out into the Cotswold Hills to take some photos. This one was taken as we were returning to the car late in the afternoon, the light fading fast.


Writing
I finished revising my short story this week! It seems strange to have done with my characters, especially Jess the dog, and the wonderful setting of an isolated Scottish glen. After spending so long writing and revising, it is impossible for me to assess the story, so it is now with three people who are going to read it and pass comment.

Since sending the story on its way, I've been unable to settle on anything other than the essay for my ancient Egyptian evening class :)

2 comments:

  1. I love these little peeks into your world.
    Sharing your words with others is hard. I know! But it's worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten.
      Yes, sharing words is hard but like most things I assume it gets easier with practice :)

      Delete