Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday Summary

Life
One of my unwritten New Year goals was to try different receipes. Yesterday I cooked Stuffed Tenderloin of Pork; a lengthy receipe but well worth the time spent. It's from the first cookbook I bought The Cookery Year , thumbed so often that it's falling apart.

The stuffing has a bread-crumb base, dried fruit, orange zest, parsley and tarragon with a smidgeon of garlic. There's also an apricot sauce subtly flavoured with spices more commonly found in Indian receipes. I was dubious but it turned out to be a stunning combination with the stuffed pork! It looked colourful too :)

Writing
I began the final lesson of Holly Lisle's How to Revise Your Novel for my short story - details on my writing blog. A pleasing feeling to be on the home straight and yet I also feel bemused that the end is in sight as I've been working on it for so long.

My plan is to finish typing-in by this time next week.

As the end approaches, my internal editor, quiet for so long, has kicked into action and gives me no peace.
"Trash. Utter trash. It's no good. Just press the delete key, and don't even think about letting anyone read it," and similar comments are frequent occurrences.

Maybe that's why I took to the kitchen yesterday afternoon and made that wonderful meal? Never has prevarication been so pleasant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment