Friday 22 October 2010

Started!

HTTS:
600 or so words on the HTTS novel. No working title yet.
It's a fantasy/comedy but the first chapter isn't much fun...hmmm.

I've been wandering around feeling that I'm not ready to start, that I need to do more planning. Yet I know if I do too much, I'll lose interest. Could this be a touch of 'safe never starts'?

The ice is broken. I feel less than enthusiastic. What is bothering me is that a wonderful story being planned and kept in my head for the last year has suddenly 'woken up' again. I feel too inexperienced to start it. I want to do it well because it's a complex story. There's one scene which is not just a candy-bar scene, it's a candy-bar store!

Maybe I should try writing it...just that scene and get it out of my head. Or perhaps try planning the book, on paper. I know the beginning, some of the middle but as yet have no end.

Other Writing:
Yes, there is other writing. I feel amazed. I've been doing some work in the work group and have come up with a short story. A short story I rather like.

I hope you can hear the amazement in the above sentence :)
I don't read short stories. I don't like short stories - after connecting with the characters, I come to the end feeling like Oliver Twist, wanting more. That I should have written one is, well, bizarre.

Will look through the first part tomorrow and post it here. Yes. That's what I'll do. After making the red pepper jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment