Friday 15 October 2010

Disruptions come in many forms...

I can cope with the phone call out of the blue and a sudden change of plan; I can cope with a friend coming round who is then unable to make it (I got some HTTS done. Yay!). My days are often disrupted, one way or the other. Cold calling by phone is a monster and recently I discovered I can turn off the ring tone and disconnect the extension in the kitchen. Silence. Bliss.
Disruptions are part of my life.

BUT

when my husband, who works 4 days a week, changed his day off from Monday to Friday, I'm so confused that I don't even know what day it is. At my age, that's disconcerting. I know I'll get used to it but I'm surprised at the effect it's had.

HTTS:
Creeping back into action with this one and I've surged on to Lesson 8. Just finished all I intend doing as I'm a seat-of-pantser rather than a detailed planner. Lesson 9 is printed out, waiting to be read.
I'm getting excited about all the conflicts between my poor, unsuspecting protagonist (male) and the Genie.
Just had the idea of making the reader doubt whether the Protagonist is actually seeing the Genie or whether he's hallucinating - as his girlfriend thinks. She phones a friend who, instead of offering reassurance, suggests it's a sign of schizophrenia.

NaNo:
Is looming ever closer and I'd get excited if it wasn't for not knowing what day it is which is having a knock-on effect of not knowing what month it is *grins*
I have a plan of a story but need a few scenes with Sentences Lite. More details later.

Reading:
I'm reading cookery books at present - I collect them - looking for receipes for preserving various fruits and vegetables. Many of the books contain information about food as well as receipes and make for interesting reading.

The Three Musketeers is a good bed-time read as it's slow - even the fight scenes. There's intrigue and romance and a good bit of swashbuckling with some interesting twists!

Preserving:
Red cabbage is the latest and something I haven't tried before. This has to be one of the easiest things to make. Easier if you buy pickling vinegar.
We had some with a pork/sage and thyme/onion/apple/potato casserole yesterday. The bright red cabbage looked good and was crunchy and zingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment