Monday 14 February 2011

Monday Musings

I've decided to try and introduce an element of structure to my blog. A review of the previous week seems a good place to start on a Monday.

So, I give you Monday Musings; musings on the previous week.

Life:
Unfortunately, due to a heavy cold last week my energy disappeared and so did my ability to think, be creative and do anything very much other than surf the net or read a book (light novel).

Cold over, the main activity was sorting out all our books, novels first. It's not a straightforward job because we keep finding little nests of novels tucked away in a corners :)

I'm surprised by what we don't have! There are what seem like curious ommissions. And there are a large number I've never read *rubs hands with glee*.

Getting the books out and on shelves so cool! It's been a dream I've carried for nearly 20 years :) It makes me wonder if I should have been a librarian :D

Writing
Mystery in Morocco - 2595 words.
Hit a wall because the section near the end is so messed up (it was my first NaNoNovel, no planning) that it needs a major rethink before any more writing is possible.

Reading
In the major re-sort of books, I found Selected Poems by Laurie Lee. This took me back to my school days; he was the only poet whose work I enjoyed.
Now, I'm enthralled by the way he uses words and feel that I get mildly drunk on the experience :D
His work inspires me.

As I focus more on my writing, I find myself turning to poetry again after many years of abstinence.

Do you enjoy poetry? If so, who are your favorite poets? Does poetry have any place in novel writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment